Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Journal Entry 4 - Faith Fordjour

This week was interesting. Like last week, I didn't sit or read with the kids. We had a Christmas party for the kids. I helped set it up and helped the kids settle down at the party. We had so many gifts that we had plenty left after the party. The party was interesting. The kids were making masks and decorating them. That was what I was helping with. We had the tattoo station where the kids got to spray on tattoos.

Since the party began when I was about to leave and they needed my help with the party, I stayed until 5:30. On Monday I went back to my usual routine and read to the kids. I kind of miss the kids after not working with them for two weeks. But I was glad I had a change at Mount Sinai for a while.
Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. Hi Faith, that sounds great! Im glad you got to participate in the party...it seems like you really connect with children.

    I am just wondering if you would like to use the coloring books from MSI AHEC? They are such a great educational tool. What did Sonia think?

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to see that you had fun at the chritmas party for all the children!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith I hope you have save me some of those left over gift.
    Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you often do different activities than reading? Perhaps to change it a bit, you can make an activity out of the books to see how much they understand the book. I'm trying this technique for the next time I read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you had fun at the party. I remember i Helped wrap christmas gifts about 3 weeks ago. Do you just read to the kids? What do you think are their favorite books that you have read to them so far?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faith,

    Your party sounds fun! I wish I could have been there to see you in action.

    You seem to be enjoying yourself and that's important.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete