Friday, December 4, 2009

Journal Entry 1 - Tenzin Lhamo

My Externship is at Sports Physical Therapy and as the name says, we work with patients who have physical problems. My externship mainly focuses on bones and muscle (bones that are broken and muscle/bone pain). Working in physical therapy is very helpful to me as I am an athlete and get injured almost everyday. When this happens in the future, I will be able to use my experience to know what is going on.

My mentor, Ms. Thomas who is a great teacher and an awesome therapist has taught me many things. Take this week for example. I have learned so many different body parts:

1. Ligament - which connects bone to bone
2. Tendon - which connects bone to muscle
3. Humerus - bone in leg
4. Forearm bones - Ulna - near your pinky and Radius - near your thumb
5. Carpal bone - There are eight carpal bones and there are four main parts - scaphoid, lunate, triquetral and the pisiform.

The other staff who work with my mentor are very nice, helpful and funny too!
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. This is awsome, you are definely learning alot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep Tenzin. Rub it in our faces. U get to learn about the body. No fair. Just kiddin.

    ReplyDelete