Friday, December 4, 2009

Journal Entry 2 - Sherlyn Aldas

On Monday, Emelin had me continue stocking books to finish up before winter break starts. I'm getting better at remembering the sticker color and age group now. The day went quickly and soon the day was over.
Tuesday was the day that I was going to go to the Audibon Clinic along with a new volunteer. Emelin was very ecstatic to finally have us read to children. Unfortunately when we arrived to the clinic, the reading table was removed and the staff could not bring it back. Emelin was disappointed and we retured to New York Presbyterian to finish stocking the books. She told me that she was sure that by Thursday, I would be reading to the children.

On Thursday, I went to the clinic just like Emelin had said and I emt with one of the foster gradnparents who was reading to the children. I was waiting for someone to cmoe read to. I met a little boy who kept asking for more and more. I felt really great helping this little boy who honestly loved reading. It gave me even more inspiration to start a book drive at my school. The poster is above - Please bring in new and gently used books before December 11th!

Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments: