Friday, December 4, 2009

Journal Entry 2 - Tenzin Lhamo

I have learned so many things in my externship that are helpful for me and people who have pain in their body. My placement is so exciting. Everyday there is always something funny happening and the best part is I get to learn more about my career choice.

This week my mentor taught me about the spine. The spine has three main areas:

1. Cervical - has 7 vertebrae
2. Thoracic - has 12 vertebrae
3. Lumbar - has 5 vertebrae

Then there are the two other parts of the spinal cord:

1. Sacrum - a triangular shaped bone right next to the Lumbar
2. Coccyx - the tailbone
Share/Save/Bookmark

7 comments:

  1. Wow Tenzin! How long did it take you to memorize all these parts? You know all the definitions and spelling! Way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tenzin, you have learned alot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are vertebrae?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! You know many things Tenzy. Can you pronounce these words?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be sure to help us out when we get back pain and other maladies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. IN order to memorize those part, my mentor made me say them words 10 time. I know the definition of those word but I think I need to work in the spelling part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ivonn!!!
    khmran: Veterbrae are backbone
    Viviana: At fist pronouncing those word seem like out of question, but after many practing I was able to pronounce them well.
    Sherly: Sure,I will help you.

    ReplyDelete