Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Journal Entry 3 - Tenzin Lhamo

Working with therapy is great as it is not only helpful to others but also helpful to yourself. My mentor has taught many ways to ease your pain, i.e exercise and massage. This week I learned what Quadricep muscles we have:

1. Vastus Lateralis
2. Vastus Medio
3. Vastus Intermedius
4. Rectus Femoris

Being a physical therapist is not only massaging or helping people get better, it is also keeping track of patients. Common questions asked are:

1. How is she/he doing today?
2. Is the patient getting better?
3. Did you see any new patient?
4. Do you have any complaints?

They have to keep track of these things so they can be reimbursed for insurance and make sure they can respond to any complaints.
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. This is cool! It is interesting how you are learning some of the muscles I am being introduced in my physical education class. It Awsome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the memorization is going well, Tenzin! I am just wondering if you get to ask the patients these questions? When I visited it really seemed like the clients felt very comfortable with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't ask the patients these question, because my mentor asks them.
    Ivoon -> thanks, and next time when you have physical problem I am your therapy.

    ReplyDelete