Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Journal Entry 3 - Faith Fordjour

This week was different from the other weeks. One thing was that I didn't get to read to any of the kids. Well, it's like they would rather play than read. But there was this one boy who actually didn't want to play, he wanted to read! Not me reading to him but him reading to me. He read me this book called "Before the Dinosaurs." I was so amazed by how good his reading was. But then, he didn't finish reading because Sonia, my mentor asked me to do something for him and when I came back, I guess the doctor had called him in.

Well on Friday and Monday my regular routine changed. I was helping with the set up of gifts for the children's holiday party. I had to transfer boxes of donated gifts from the closet to this room. Then we had to open the boxes, take out all the toys and bag them according to gender and age. So for two days that is what I did, putting gifts together for the Christmas party on this coming Thursday.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. This is very attention grabbing!! It seems that you are having fun!! Surprisely younger children turn out to read better than olders.Children are so smart these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a coincedence. I had the same thing happen to me while reading to kid, except she read the book to me, in a sense. She used the characters and their emotions to make up her own story. She had a great imagination and I had fun reading the story the way she intrepted it.

    ReplyDelete