Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Writing Workshop - Faith Fordjour

Exercise: Profiling an Obstetrician/Gynecologist using the My Health Career website. Faith would like to be an OBGYN so she answered the question "Why would you be a good OBGYN?"

Obstetricians and Gynecologists are two different types of physicians put into one due to the reproductive system. It is mostly simplified as an OBGYN. The Obstetrician specializes in the woman during pregnancy. Their job is to make sure that the woman is healthy and in good condition and also will come out as healthy as possible. That is where the Gynecologist comes in. The Gynecologist specializes in the woman's internal and external reproductive systems and how well it is or what they can do to make it better and/or healthier.

I would be a very good OBGYN. This is because I have the study of human anatomy and how the body works. Plus, as an OBGYN, I have to work with pregnant women and babies which is where my interests lie. I will have to be able to learn in a way that others will not have to and that works for me fine. What interests me the most is the fact that I am a female and I would like to learn about how my own body works and why it is what it is sometimes. Plus, as a female I be able to connect with the women. Most women would not like a man to be their OBGYN, as I wouldn't, so as a female OBGYN, it will help most women feel more comfortable and at ease so they can get the help that they need; whether doing during pregnancy or to make sure their reproductive systems are functioning well.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Faith it is nice to see that you seek into something NEW you would like to do. It is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's really cool faith that you got a better understanding of what you want to do and can share with us all.

    ReplyDelete