Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Journal Entry 6 - Faith Fordjour

This week was interesting in a way. I got the chance to interview my mentor Sonia Lugo. I learned a lot from her life experience. The main point of the interview was to get to know our mentors and that is what I did. I got to know my mentor on a personal level and she was very open to my questions. At the end of the interview, she gave me some advice on my career choice. She told me to never give up on my dreams and to not let anyone stop me from achieving my goals.

I also gave my mentor a card for Mentor Month in order to thank her for mentoring me. She was so happy to receive it. On Monday, I was visited by Sarah at my placement at Mt. Sinai. I was happy to see her and I showed her around my work place. After she left, there was this boy, Jose who came and started coloring. He left to see the doctor but he kept coming back to color. I got really fond of him and I even saw him when I was leaving. He came to say goodbye.









Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Wow Faith. You seem to enjoy your work very much and the kids seem to like you according to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your Mentor advice, she is correct never let anyone stop you from achieving your dream. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics Faith! You seem to like your externship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww sounds like your really enojying your site and the kids mustbe so cute.keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete