Monday, November 30, 2009

Journal Entry 2 - Khmran Malik

This week I just went to my mentorship one day due to the Thanksgiving break. It was a very slow and quiet day. The patients were mostly sleeping and resting. I checked each patient's book to see if the lable was correctly written. I also checked if the paperwork was in order. I helped a patient with the television and gave him water. I also played a game with the patient. He was very thankful and happy that he had a fun time. I dropped another patient downstairs because he was going home. He looked tired and couldn't wait to celebrate Thanksgiving with his family. He thanked me for helping him. He got in his car and was a happy fellow.
Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. Thats sound so cool. Its like u get to really interact with the patients. You are almost like a nurse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems interesting. Try to learn as much as you can from the health care setting you are in. Learn what different types of health professionals also interact with the patients and why. This can help you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is extremely attention-grabbing.Khmran you are a lucky comrade.I am overjoyed that you are having the opportunity to interact with patients, not every one gets that chance.Do you have any limits while interacting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I have my limits.If they need any Medical assistant I have to 1st ask the nurse that is in charge of the patient from there I can give the Meds or she gives it to the patient. It depends of each different patient on how I need to interact with them.

    ReplyDelete