Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Journal Entry 1 - Viviana Sanchez (11/24/09)

It was on November 16th of 2009 when I started my placement at the Ryan Center. I met all the employees and I met my mentor who is Fay Barrett. The past few days I have been doing a lot of office paper work. My first task was to check the attendance of the employees. The 2nd task (which I am still working on) is to organize punch time sheets and other office papers.

What I though was most fascinating this week at my placement was when Fay told me that everybody in the office takes notes in a notebook about many different things. She said that they could forget how to do things so it is always better to write things down. She also takes notes when she is talking to somebody. She told me that from now on I too should take notes whenever she assigns me a task or whenever somebody talks to me related to an important topic.
Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. What kind of notes are you going to use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of notes are you going to use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very interesting, I wonder if i had to do something like that daily how it would be! Have you started taking notes yet?I think it help you stay on top of everthing going on your placement? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww vivi, yea taking notes is important. I take notes as well. Good to see your off to a good start i hope you really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete