Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Journal Entry 7 -- Faith Fordjour

This week was so wonderful. I finally got the chance to shadow a nurse. But that was on Friday. Before that I went to my placement and my mentor was not there so I busied myself with cleaning and tidying the tables with crayon marks on them. On Friday, it was very interesting. We had to ask the kids to help us make Thank You! cards for an organization that donated books for the kids. It was amazing what some kids made. It was art. After that, Sonia asked one of the nurses if I could shadow her. Her name was Diane and she was very nice. We talked about her job, what education is required and how long you have to be in school. I walked with her and she gave this girl asthma medication which helps her breathe better. She also gave this six month old her first flu shot. It was cute. I found out that babies get their shots on their thighs where their biggest muscles are.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment