Thursday, March 11, 2010

Journal Entry 8 - Faith Fordjour

Although I thought I would finish shadowing Dr. Davis, she ended up being very busy. I was disappointed but I decided to look at the bright side; I got to spend more time with the patients. Monday was the best day at Mount Sinai this week. I met a lot of interesting kids. I met this boy who said he was a "mermaid boy." It was quite funny, plus, he had a lot of energy. There was another child who got so attached to me that he wanted me to sit right next to him and give him all my attention. He only knew a few words in English and he kept shouting "nice!" every time he scribbled something on the paper.

Kids are the cutest.

The other two days were a bit less exciting. on Thursday I met with a girl who read to me. She was a second grader and she was quite a good reader. I was very impressed.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Faith,

    From what I finished reading you are having fun with your patients and kids which you adore!I am glad you got to see the bright side of the week in your placement. Otherwise it might of not been so exciting as described.

    Otavalo, Ivonn

    ReplyDelete