Thursday, March 11, 2010

Journal Entry 1 - Ivonn Otavalo

This week in my placement I was very busy, something I enjoyed. I have been re-typing prenatal handouts in order for them to be clear for future moms to read. While re-typing, i learned certain things I was not aware of. I learned that even though a woman is pregnant, she is still allowed to have sex as long as she feels fine and takes precautions. I also learned that pregnant women need to have a balanced diet while being pregnant and must have certain amounts of milk or cheese, rice, beans, eggs and wheat. Something that really surprised me was learning that even though a woman is pregnant, she can still exercise and stay active unless there is a serious problem that prevents her from doing so.
Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Great Job Ivonn! I think it is awesome that you are learning all this material while you type. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been great working with you Ivonn!! You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete