Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Journal Entry 9 - Faith Fordjour

I did a lot of shadowing this week. Since I am having my final project on Hematology/Oncology, Sonia, my mentor allowed me to shadow two nurses on the HemOnc unit. I learned a lot about Hematology/Oncology. Hematology is the study of blood disease. Oncology is the study of cancer. The reason why they are put together is because they are kind of related. Even though I had a lot of information from the two nurses, Amy and Tenesha, there is a lot of research I need to do myself.

Some of the things I learned are that Hematology consists of Hemophelia, Sickle cell, Leukemia and vWD. These are all bleeding disorders except for Sickle cell which is a blood disease and Leukemia which is a blood cancer.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment